No matter how long they’ve been in the field, veterinary doctors, nurses and support staffs are given new sources of inspiration through their day-to-day experiences. What reminds them that they chose the right career path? What keeps them going when the going gets tough?
Our team sat down with their computers and iPads and looked for encouraging messages that would keep veterinary practices going through the tough times. Presenting…from around the net…choice words to inspire, amuse and enlighten. We begin with the
Being admitted to the profession of veterinary medicine, I solemnly swear to use my scientific knowledge and skills for the benefit of society through the protection of animal health and welfare, the prevention and relief of animal suffering, the conservation of animal resources, the promotion of public health, and the advancement of medical knowledge.
I will practice my profession conscientiously, with dignity, and in keeping with the principles of veterinary medical ethics.
I accept as a lifelong obligation the continual improvement of my professional knowledge and competence.
- Good veterinarian talk to animals. Great veterinarians hear them talk back.
- Because Awesome is not a job title.
- Veterinary medicine because people are gross.
- I speak for those who have no voice.
- I’m a vet tech and I hate when people say “you can’t save ‘em all.” I’M GONNA TRY!
- Two feet move your body. Four feet move your soul.
- Dinosaurs never went to the vet. Look what happened.
- Only a person that loves a challenge would take on patients who can’t tell them where it hurts.
- All women are created equal, but only the best become veterinarians.
- Every kid should grow up with a furry animal.
- I’m a vet tech. What’s your super power?
- The best therapist has fur and four legs.
- Veterinary medicine is gross. Don’t hesitate to get down on the floor.
Veterinary Technician Oath
I solemnly dedicate myself to aiding animals and society by providing excellent care and services for animals, by alleviating animal suffering, and by promoting public health.
I accept my obligations to practice my profession conscientiously and with sensitivity, adhering to the professions Code of Ethics, and furthering my knowledge and competence through a commitment to lifelong learning.
- “I do it for the money” said no vet tech—ever!
- I don’t care what anyone thinks of me. Except dogs—I want dogs to like me.
- Veterinarian because I can cure crazy animals but can’t fix stupid people.
- Please do not confuse your Google search with my veterinary degree.
- Being a vet tech is like riding a bicycle. Well, 23 bicycles. All at the same time. And on fire.
- Veterinary medicine. It’s a beautiful thing when career and passion come together.
- Yelled at. Peed on. And still smiling. Veterinary Receptionist.
- Woo Hoo…it’s Saturday! Oh, wait…I’m a vet tech.
- If you can’t afford the vet, you can’t afford the pet!
- Vet tech, vet nurse, assistant. You have as many jobs as you have names.
- Veterinarian—the all-in-one doctor